It’s the season of celebrations again! Simple-to-make paper decors can enliven our living spaces to create that perfect festive mood. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a pretty, hanging, home decor. It is one of my most-cherished DIY decors I’ve made ever. I adore the 3D effect of it and it’s sure to decorate any place in a beautiful way.
If you are looking to create something unique, eye-catching, in less than five minutes, with a few materials and absolutely easy-to-do, this can be a perfect choice. At the first glance, it might look complicated. However, follow the images below; you will agree it’s the most simple DIY project you could have ever done.
What will you require?
- Paper or velvet sheets – it’s up to of what kind of material you want to use. It must be easily foldable, that’s it.
- Measuring scale and pencil
- Scissors and paper knife
Let’s get started!
- Step #1 Lay the sheet on a flat surface. Draw lines to make nested squares, using a measuring scale, as shown in the image #1 above. I have used 10 cm x 10 cm measurement. Using scissors, cut along the outermost square to create like what’s in #1 image.
- Step #2 Fold the square diagonally, to create a fold mark. Unfold it.
- Step #3 Using a paper knife, cut along the squares, leaving only the corners of the fold uncut, as shown in image #3.
- Step #4 Pull out the two free ends of the innermost square.
- Step #5 Paste one within the other using glue.
- Step #6 Turn it upside down.
- Step #5 Pull out the free ends of the second innermost square and paste the ends together.
- Step #8 & 9 Repeat it with the outermost free ends.
You can do this as many as you need and in different colors, if you like. You can make it bigger, as well, by making more nested squares. By attaching a thread to the top and bottom of the piece, you can create a hanging decor. It’s up to your creativity of how to use them as a decor. It can become a Christmas wreath in a series of green coloured pieces or by simply attaching beads in between the pieces can make a stunning hanging decor.
I used them for decorating our Diwali lanterns, this year.
Perhaps, you’ve arranged the same Christmas tree, tree hangings, lights and crib that you used last year. Making this simple decor can bring a fresh, new ambience to your celebration.
I’ve adapted the making of the decor from the Goods Home Design website. Here’s the original pin I had followed through Pinterest.
0 Replies to “DIY Christmas Decor”
cheers to your simple yet beautiful ideas…
Thank you, you’ve been a constant companion here.
Such pretty DIY decors! Thanks for sharing!! 🙂
Thank you, Hema and Suma. TOTS is as beautiful as your duo.
That’s easy and pretty economical . Keep sharing more DY decor ideas.
True, Shilpi. Thanks for your time here, please visit often.
Very nice post, these can be made so easily just following the instructions.
Yeah, this is easy to make.
Wow, beautiful. But you can bet any amount that I am NOT going to do this anytime in the near future. I am THAT lazy 😛
😆 A time will come for all such self-proclaimed lazy men to get running on their heels. Your turn might be near 😀