I suppose Rs.250 would seem an affordable donation to many.
And if that would feed a child for a month + will give you tax benefits, would you do it?
Without reading further, if you want to donate Rs.500 to provide mid-day meal for two children for a month, go here. Note you would be required to sign up for an account. Please ensure this 2-minute form-filling work not make you lazy or postpone your noble deed.
GiveIndia forms a base to help around 200 credible NGOs for several causes. That means you get to choose a NGO and a cause of your choice. You can donate from below Rs.500 to above Rs.25,000. You can choose to donate to support for education, children, disabled, poverty, health, old age, employment, environment, women and/or youth.
GiveIndia History (from their Website):
Conceived by Venkat Krishnan, an IIM-A graduate in December 1999, GiveIndia is managed by a team of professionals who have earlier worked with various corporates and now have dedicated their careers to making a difference.
We got registered on April 28, 2000, as a non-profit under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Reach their homepage here.
- On the left, under choose your donation, choose the amount and cause of your choice.
- You can also choose the NGO, State and tax benefit option through advanced search.
- You will see a list of children or people in need along with the NGO and their cause. Choose to DONATE for your cause.
- You will be asked to create a one-time account with GiveIndia by providing your name, Email ID and address. You also get to choose how you would like to get your tax receipt as – Indian resident/NRI/US taxpayer/UK taxpayer/other.
- You will then receive your username and password to your email-ID using which you need to login to your account.
- Once logged in, you can make the donation online.
- You will receive a receipt of your donation to your email-ID which can be used for tax exemptions (I personally guarantee this).
- A feedback report for donations made to Corpus Fund / General Fund of an NGO is sent soon after the donation is made. A feedback report for any other donation option is sent within 4-6 months.
- You might also receive a feedback call.
A few direct links to donate to the cause of the month: Sponsor Medical Help to Save a Life!
Sponsor chemotherapy for a poor cancer patient like Ravji – Rs. 9,000
Sponsor medicine for a Hemophillia patient like Farooque – Rs. 5,500
Sponsor Dialysis for a poor kidney patient like Deepali – Rs. 4,000
Sponsor treatment for an orphaned HIV+ child – Rs. 3,400
To know about other such NGOs, go to Charity Corner.
If you wish to spread a word about a trusted NGO or charitable organization in this blog, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here.